Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today was Tim and Sam's first inauguration day. No, mommy and daddy didn't vote for President Obama but that doesn't change the fact that today is a historic day. I have to admit that I am moved to see our first African American President sworn info office.

I am sad to see President Bush leave office. He is an amazing man and was a great leader...even if I didn't love what he did the last 4 years. I do hope that he settles in well back at home here in Dallas. Plus, how cool is it that he Presidential library is at SMU?!!!!! I can't wait to take the boys!

In the spirit of the day, I took some pictures of the boys. Here they are eating their snack and watching the 44th President be sworn into office.


Inauguration day from space...yes, I borrowed this from someone else, who borrowed it from someone else...you get the idea, but it is still super cool!
http://www.popsci.com/content/inauguration-day

No comments: