Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And then the ezema was a nightmare

Our boys are so happy and we are so lucky! Daddy had practice last night and we had a blast! I was annoyed that they learned to pull the drawers out of the cabinet, but they had fun and what was it to me to pick up some socks and pj's!



....and then Tim wakes up and is covered head to toe with red welts and the worst eczema outbreak we have ever seen...and with no cause that we or the Dr. can determine.

I took him to the allergist today and we are headed to the pediatric dermatologist tomorrow morning. He is one miserable little man. Sam was a total bear for Kristen at home alone while I had Tim at the Dr. More on the twin bond to come!

He was tested for more food allergies, including wheat, milk and soy (to name a few) today. It was the worst blood testing experience. Sam could sense his brothers pain from the waiting room and began to fuss. Kristen brought him down the hall so he could see his brother and he began to reach for Tim. The twin bond is so strong and so amazing. Tim was calmed by seeing Sam and knowing that brother was near.

I will post more tomorrow on what the dermatologist says. I just pray that my little man begins to look more like normal and less puffy and red. He is so swollen and in pain. I know the Dr. can give us more creams to put on him and more advice. Plus, once we get the next round of blood test back we will know more about the food allergies and any new sensitivities that Tim has developed.

We pray for him and pray that Mommy gets to keep her job tomorrow. After the Dr's appointment Mommy gets to wait for a phone call that will tell her if she gets layed off or if she gets to remain happily employed.

Thus ends a stressful day...As my sweet Aunt Kay would say, "Today wasn't so good, but tomorrow will be better."


On a happy note....we (Ok, Mommy) carved a really cute pumpkin! Judge the design for yourself....

No comments: